Great things are done by series a of small things brought together — Vincent Van Gogh
In our Healthy living section we have presented the Six Essentials for Life – What you eat and drink, how your rest and exercise, and how you breathe and think.
Overriding all the great decisions we make in eat, drink, rest, breathe, and exercise is the way we think. Positive emotions, feelings, and beliefs lead to health, happiness, and success. But negative emotions and feelings such as low self-esteem, anger, fear, rage, and worry have a devastating effect. You don’t even have to know the negative stuff is at play; It can be working deep in your subconscious.
Treatments like B.E.S.T. practiced at Hygiea Health seek out these subconscious memories and eliminate then. However we must work to create positive emotions and feelings.
The daily affirmation and Morter March work towards creating and maintaining positive emotions and feelings.
Create your dream life! Begin with the question “if there were no rules and I could not fail, what would my life be like? Next, what would you have to be like to have the life of your dreams? From this create a list of goals. Include time frames for them. You are allowed to change them as often as you wish. Meditate on them. Place them on a dream board. See them as they exist now. Look at them frequently during the day. Use the law of attraction. Use ‘I am’ statements and take your goals from dreams to reality.
Here is an article paraphrased by Zdravko Lukovski with some positive thinking exercises and tips.
1. Listen to your favorite music. It does not need to be relaxing or meditative (although that may help), but rather, any genre that simply puts a smile on your face.
2. Expressing Thankfulness. All the struggles and problems in life stop and disappear in the moment when gratitude starts to take place. The grateful mind never experiences troubles and regardless of all the obstacles in life, it continues to be positive by creating a phenomenal vibration.
Be constantly and consciously being thankful for all the blessings in your life. Keep a notebook and write down all the things that make you feel good. Start with the ability to see, to smell, to walk, to talk and move all the way to the relationships, the material possessions and spiritual enlightenment.
Also, don’t forget to be grateful for all the good things that are yet to come into your life. This will put you on a good track and will make the positive thinking automatic in your life.
3. Remember to Breathe. Read or re-read the section titled – BREATHE
4. Don’t live according to a label. Labels are both self-imposed and come from others. We are not our jobs, or feelings, our self-esteem cannot be measured by money and we don’t have to stay within the confines of other people’s perceptions. Say to yourself right now “I am a winner and I don’t care what others think about me. I am fulfilled, self-confident, and happy human being!”
5. Engage in Positive Activities. This can range from positive affirmations to meditation to yoga to martial arts to hiking, golf, or swimming. It does not matter what you as long as the activity has a positive outcome on your body and mind.
6. Take Back Control. There are things we cannot change, like the weather or the loss of a loved one. We can however control the way we feel about it in addition to how we react. There is nobody in this world that can take this power from you and simply by realizing this, your life can be changed for the better. Say out loud right now: “I am responsible for my life and for every result I get! I am in full control over my consciousness and over my feelings and I am immune to all the negativity in the world!”
7. Go easy on yourself. One of the best ways we learn something new is by failing. Unfortunately our perception of failing is directly linked with “not good enough” or even the feeling of shame. Life is about taking chances and not living in the fear of failure. But what is failure? “Failing occurs only and ONLY when the individual quits!” So regardless of how many times you’ve failed in the past, make a decision today that you will never stop trying, and never quit! Go easy on yourself, you deserve it, you are better than what you think you are!
9. Embrace Change. It is natural for us to find comfort in things that are familiar and close to us, whether it’s relationships, work situations, living space or the cushions you sleep with at night.
Unfortunately the comfort starts to cloud our judgment. We reach a point where is doesn’t matter if the comfort is good or bad. Spouses stay married through domestic violence, years of working in the same position creates fear of applying for something better and you still sleep with that cushion that causes your neck to hurt in the morning.
These are al examples of bad comfort zones. Stepping outside of your comfort zone won’t just open your eyes, but liberate you. Happiness can’t find you if you are hiding in your comfort zone.
Step out of your comfort zone and reach out to the unknown!
10. Experience what you need to experience. Life isn’t just about feeling happy. Your body and mind come with such a complex nature that they need to go through various stages in order to function.
To break this down in more understandable terms, if you feel like you want to cry then have a good cry. If you feel like you need half a day to sit and sulk then by all means do it; If we were happy all the time we would forget how good happiness feels.
However, don’t get stuck in those experiences. Give yourself time to experience what you need to experience and move on to bigger and better things. Emotions are strong and beautiful elements that give life meaning, so enjoy all of them. As long as you remember that you are in control
11. Open Your Mind and Enjoy Your Life. With all the latest technology and findings science has yet to unlock the mysteries of the mind. Just the way our bodies function is an unexplained miracle. We have the gift of both these things and it’s also our gift to enjoy them.
Don’t overlook the simple pleasures, such as tasting good food, feeling blades of grass between your toes or staring at the stars at night. Treat every experience as if it is new to you and open yourself to all the great things that still have to come your way.
We all have a limited time with these gifts so make the most of them.
12. Let go of the Past. Letting go of the past doesn’t just involve bad memories. It also includes childhood dreams of becoming someone special. For many of us these dreams become more stressful as the years go by. We find ourselves striving towards a life we imagine is perfect and in turn we become negative and sad for what we have.
There is no shame in letting the dreams slide. In fact, it will take a lot of pressure off your shoulders when you do. Just because you stopped living those dreams in your mind doesn’t mean they won’t come true, but if you are unhappy on your journey, then the journey is not worthwhile in the first place.
So let go of the past, and start a new beginning. Create new and exciting dreams and go for them, and never lose hope for the ones from your childhood! Life is an exciting adventure and you never know with certainty what it brings you…
13. Laugh as much as possible. There is scientific evidence that proves the fact that laughter increases quality of life. In other words, laughter is truly the best natural medicine and the best way to do this is by surrounding yourself with positive people.
Friendships that are rooted in misery, judgment, depression and even the use of drugs are like leeches of happiness. Take stock of the friends you have and how they really impact your life. Once you are in the company of friends who care for your well-being then laughter will naturally follow.
After all, you can laugh even without the right friends! Simply work on your attitude and train yourself to find good in everything and anything. See only the bright side and learn to be more humorous.
If all previous fails, make a habit to watch a good comedy movie every Friday night! Pick the best of the best and really laugh until tears start rolling down your eyes.
A good belly laugh will never fail to increase your positivity, so use it more often!