Inhale and God approaches you. Hold the inhalation and God remains with you. Exhale and you approach God. Hold the exhalation and surrender to God. — Krishnamacharya
Over worked, under-slept, and feeling pressure like whoa? There are plenty of ways to find calm – without investing large amounts of time and money. Turns out all you need is a pair of healthy lungs, your breath, and 10 minutes or less.
Breathing exercises keep your mind and body functioning at their best. It can also lower blood pressure, promote feelings of calm and relaxation, and help you stress less.
A word about the air we breathe.
The air inside a home is more toxic than the air outside. We recommend that you purchase an air filtration unit. It is well worth it. Affordable models are available on Amazon or EBay. We particularly like the OION units on EBAY for around $160.
Replace toxic household products with non-toxic products. Go to this site for more information: http://www.ewg.org/guides/cleaners
Here is a list of 13 common household plants that neutralize air pollutants. 15-20 of these wonderful plants will purify an 1800 square foot home.
- AGLAONEMA treubii – Chinese Evergreen
- CHLORPHYTUM comosum Vittatum – Spider or Airplane plants
- DRACAENA fragens – Cornplant
- DRACAENA marginata
- FICUS benjamina – Weeping Fig
- HEDERA helix – English Ivy
- NEPHROLEPIS ex. Bostoniensis – Boston Fern
- ORCHIDACEAE – Orchid,
- PHILODENDRONS, especially oxycardium – Heart-leaf
- PHOENIX roebelenii- Dwarf/Pigmy Date Palm
- SYNGONIUM podophyllum – Arrowhead plant,
- SANSEVIERIA, SCINDAPSUS aureus – Devil’s Ivy, including Silver Pothos, Pothos Gold and Pothos Marble Queen
- SPATHIPHYLLUM clevelandii – Peace-lily, White Flag